Downloading Photos to Computer - step by step
by Bobby Wason
(Pasadena, Texas, USA)
I've taken photos & am having trouble with the steps to load the photos from my phone to my computer. I have, of course, the connected cord to make those transfers. Thanks.
This question has come up before.
This is the step-by-step process for the LG 500g:
1. You need micro USB to USB data cable - you mention you have that already.
2. A microSD memory card needs to be inserted in the phone.
3. You need to set the camera to store the photos on the microSD card before you take your photos. To do this, you go to:
Camera > Settings > Others > Memory in Use
and select External Memory. Otherwise, the photos are stored in the phone's internal memory.
4. If your photos are already stored in the phone's internal memory and not on the memory card, you need to move them. To do this, go to
Menu > My Folder > Pictures.
Use the Up/Down Nav Keys to scroll until your photo is selected on the screen, and then select
Options > Move > Memory Card.
Repeat until all your photos have been moved to the memory card.
5. Turn on the phone connect it to your computer via the data cable.
6. On the phone's display, you should get a message that says something like, "Enable USB mass storage?" Once you agree to that, the microSD memory card should be visible to the computer.
On a Windows PC it should appear as removable drive letter "E" or higher, where "C" and "D" are usually assigned to the hard drive and CD/DVD drives.
7. At this point, you should be able to view the contents of the microSD memory card in Windows Explorer, find your photos, and drag them to a folder on your hard drive.
Finally, if you do not have a microSD memory card in your phone, you can transfer the photos via Bluetooth rather than via cable.