Worked but with Hiccups
(New York, USA)
I started the transfer process on 1/2/12, 5 p.m. It is now complete on 1/4/12, 9:20 a.m. Took approx 40 hours.
I went through the screens indicated, but received a message with a ticket number that said it would take 24-48 hours for the transfer to occur. The ticket number confirmed the minutes and # of days that were to be transferred. The message also said to continue using my old Tracfone in the meantime. I did so. In effect all my usage after the ticket was issued was free.
After 12 hours, my old phone had the message "SIM card unregistered" and my new phone had the correct phone number on it, however, the minutes and days were not transferred. The new phone still had the message "Activation Required". After another 28 hours, my phone was activated. I received my minutes but the service days were not transferred.
I had to call Customer Service to get the remaining days transferred. That took about 10 minutes. Note, I was without service for 28 hours, from the time the SIM card was deactivated from my old phone until my new phone was activated.
Thanks for the interesting report. I've never seen an in-between situation like yours. For me it's either worked online or not. If it didn't work, I've called Tracfone support to do it manually over the phone.