Difficult to flip open phone and remove battery cover
Used this phone for about a week. Not bad, except for the following:
1. Difficult to open the phone. Need to get your fingernails between the two clamshell halves in order to open. Should have better finger grips.
2. Cheesy cover over the charging port. Cheap plastic sure to break off before too long.
3. Impossible to open up the back to get at the battery. I had a problem with the phone and the tech asked me to remove the battery. Impossible. No way to open up the back.
Bottom line: the phone goes back tomorrow.
Thanks for your comments. Here's my take:
1. I've gotten used to sticking my thumb in between to open the phone, and I'm comfortable using one hand to do it now. On the other hand, while I love the Samsung T301g slider phone for its larger screen and ease of use, I've always found it a little annoying that I needed two hands to open it. The sideways slider on the T401g is a lot easier.
2. All these charger slot covers seem flimsy to me. I've expected them to break off from the LG 420g, T301g, T401g, LG620g, etc. None of them have broken yet, though I expect it any day now. The T105g which has a sliding door instead is the only one I've seen that solves this problem. Unfortunately, it's a much more basic phone (though finally available as a double minutes phone).
Update us on what you decide to get.