Bible-app that won't cost me an arm and a leg
by R. Paul
(Hamden, CT. USA)
I would like to install a Bible-app on this phone that won't cost me an 'arm&leg' in time-use! Has anyone found such!
Hi. You can generate and download a Bible app that contains the text of your choice of Bible from the site:
1. You choose your language, the version of the Bible (King James, Darby etc. - I chose Basic English)
2. Then click on "Download Multilingual Bible"
On the next page select
3. Type of application (Intermediate worked for me on the LG 800g)
4. Language of the menus (I chose English)
5. Alignment (I chose left)
6. Enable touchscreen support (yes)
7. Select the books of the Bible (I chose Check All to select all the books)
8. Click on Generate Application
This will give you a zip file to download to your PC.
9. Unzip the file to get a .jar file and a .jad file.
10. Hook up a data cable and transfer those files to the "download" or "Received" directory on the SD card in your phone.
11. Disconnect the phone from the computer.
12. On your phone go to Menu > My Stuff > Other Files and find the .jar and .jad files.
13. Select the .jad file to install the Bible app on your phone.
14. Go to Menu > Games & Applications and launch the app.
That should do it. This application - in my testing - never tries to contact the internet so it doesn't cost you any airtime, an arm and a leg or an eye for an eye.
Hope this helps.